All-on-4 Dental Implants are a great alternative to conventional dentures. They get their name from 4 implant posts that hold a complete set of upper or lower teeth securely in place.
All-on-4 Dental Implants vs. conventional dentures
- Can slip and slide
- Can cause gum soreness and swelling
- Require daily application of adhesives or paste
- You need to remove for care
- Interfere with taste and texture of food
- Contribute to bone loss because they rest on the gums, not in the gums, like natural teeth
- Contribute to the ‘sunken look‘ that happens after bone loss in the upper and lower jaw
All-on-4 Dental Implants:
- Are attached to 4 secured posts, so they don’t slip or slide
- Feel and act like natural teeth
- You don’t need to remove to clean
- Do not require adhesives
- Are more comfortable than conventional dentures because they don’t press down or slide on the gums
- Provide increased ability to chew and bite
- Don’t interfere with the taste or texture of foods
- Prevent bone loss
- Help to restore the facial features caused by bone loss
All-on-4 Dental Implants: start to finish
If you’re considering replacing missing teeth, the first thing to do is have an assessment. Contact Us for a free consultation.
- During your first visit, Dr. Stone will assess the health of your teeth and gums and talk about the options available to you.
- Next, Dr. Stone will take X-rays to plan where to place the implant screws. An impression may be made during this visit, so that our on-site laboratory can begin to make you a set of perfect teeth.
- Then the dental implants will be put into place. The implants stimulate bone growth, and new bone will grow around the implants to keep them securely anchored in place—a process called osseointegration. Depending on the process you and Dr. Stone have decided to use, either temporary or permanent dentures will be put into place. Either way, you will leave with a set of full, beautiful teeth.
- Finally, when your gums have healed, you will return to the office to fit your permanent dentures, making sure that your bite is correct and that your teeth look perfect.
All-on-4 for success
Having perfect teeth is not only good for your health but also for your self-esteem and quality of life. The reported success rate for All-on-4 Dental Implants is 98%. All-on-4 Dental Implants look so natural that no one will know that you have dental implants… unless you tell them. Learn more about the cost of all on 4 dental implants here. If you’d like, you can get another opinion from the Dental Implant Cost Guide here.
Dr. Stone has advanced training as a prosthodontist and teaches dental implant technique to other dentists at two Florida colleges. Come in and talk to him. See if he’s the right person for the work you need.
About Dr. John C. Stone, DDS
Dr. Stone is a Prosthodontist, with over 30 years of experience. He teaches dental implant therapy to dentists in two different locations: Atlantic Coast Dental Research Clinic at Palm Beach College and Broward Dental Research Clinic at Broward College. He is a specialist in tooth replacement and has been placing dental implants surgically since 1991.
Permanent Dentures Procedure http://www.nobelsmile.us/en_us/upgrading-dentures/fixed-solution/procedure.aspx
All-on-4 Dental Implant Questions http://www.dentalassociates.com/dental-implants/all-4-dental-implants/all-4-dental-implants-questions/